Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Lantern Floating Hawaii


One of my best friends lost her mum this last year to cancer. I have seen her struggle but I have also seen her strength and how she has been blessed. She is back home in New Zealand now, but she asked me to do two things for her. She asked me to go to Relay for Life and a Lantern Celebration in Ala Moana. It was an incredible experience. There were more than 40,000 people there. It was a reminder to me that no matter what our religion or beliefs people still feel connected to those that have passed on. We have so much to be thankful for, especially those that have made the world a better place and our ancestors that sacrificed so much. This day I not only went to remember a mother, but of the many people that have blessed my life. What an amazing Spirit! I don't think there was a better way to spend Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment